Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

PFW SS20: Chloe

Chloe


Chloe struggled for a number of years but Clare Waight Keller brought the brand back and put them well and truly on the map. In 2017 Clare left the brand to go to Givenchy and Natacha Ramsay-Levi stepped in at Chloe. Gone are the days of boho chic which Clare started, instead it has been overhauled for a more structured, business like fashion.

Picture from Vogue

Spring/Summer 2020

There is one dress which has completely stuck in my mind from last season which was a beautiful navy full length dress with a keyhole cutout and a gorgeous red ditsy floral print. I looked for a dress like it all Summer but couldn't find anything quite like it. Nothing stood out to me in the same way this season but there were still aspects I liked.

There were elements of the ditsy floral print that came towards the end of the runway and I did really like these pieces. There were two dresses which, are quite different in style, but have a similar print. The first dress is a full length halterneck dress which has POCKETS! A dress with pockets is something that everyone wants and something that there simply aren't enough of. 

The second dress has this same effortless style but with a t-shirt underneath, a slightly more casual take on the undershirt trend we've seen a lot this season. It also features some buttons on the front which, for the runway, they have left unbuttoned. Both of these dresses are effortless and so simplistic but gorgeous at the same time.

Picture from Vogue


The looks this season are quite varied but some of them are quite light and border on boho. Another of my favourite looks has a boho colour scheme but it's slightly more structured. However, the skirt is softly pleated and has a skater skirt style so it isn't quite as structured. It is paired with a floaty white blouse which I love. It has an open neck tie and short balloon sleeves. 

To offset the boho style, there are a lot of pinstripes on the runway which create an almost business like look to the start of the runway. There is one look that really stood out to me which didn't really fit in with the rest of the runway. It featured a casual graphic t-shirt with a split skirt with a double buttoned design down the front of the skirt. This was an outfit that I would love to wear and it looks like something I would wear.

Personally, when I look at this runway, I see a lot of autumnal tones. There are a lot of neutrals and even some rust colours which sort of goes against the Spring/Summer theme in my mind. There were elements of this runway that I really enjoyed but it definitely wasn't all of it and this is no where near being a top runway for me.

Picture from Vogue

Based on This Show, What Should You Add to Your S/S Wardrobe?

Ditsy Floral Dresses Live On. My biggest worry was that we were not going to see any ditsy floral this season but Chloe have really come through. Thank god that I will still be able to wear all of the floral dresses I have added to my wardrobe this year. 

Bring Back Element of the Goth. Even though it was only one outfit in this runway, there is an element of the Gothic, but grown up. When I was younger, I was a bit of a goth but now I like to present myself well and I feel like the look above is the perfect representation of the grown up Goth. 

Rust Tones for Spring. There hasn't been a massive amount of colour this season with only Valentino bringing back neon but Chloe decided to go for more earthy tones and rusts which to me are more autumnal but Chloe doesn't seem to think so. 


If you want to see more of the Chloe Runway, take a look at the Vogue article: Chloe: Spring/Summer 2020

Check out some of my other Fashion Week posts:


Saint Laurent
PFW: Dior
MFW: Gucci
MFW: Versace
MFW: Fendi

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar