Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Top 10 Lipsticks: Rimmel, L'Oreal, MAC, Kate Moss, Topshop and Calvin Klein

Hey,
So today I'm bringing you my top ten lipsticks, some are cheap high street ones and others are higher end - best of both worlds.When it comes to make-up splurges, lipstick is the produce I'm more than willing to pay extra for or just buy many of. Lipstick, for me, creates and complete a look and I'm a sucker for bold lips on a daily basis: they're not just for special occasions!


The first product, technically, isn't a lipstick as it's more of a lipgloss. However, its staying power and its pigmentation is similar to a lipstick. Tanya Burr's lipgloss in the shade Vampire Kiss, is a dark red gloss and its fantastic for a daytime red which suggests that you're not trying too hard - more casual. 

 Tanya Burr, Vampire Kiss
Available at Superdrug and Feel Unique
£6.99

I already have a blog post on this collection, check it out here:

The next lipstick is a bit more expensive, similarly priced to MAC Lipsticks. It is the Calvin Klein One Pure Color Lipstick. Its a brilliant nude for pale skin tones. Nude lipsticks are a hit and miss for pale skin tones as they can sometimes make me look ill, ghostly and generally not good. This peachy nude however, is an exception and I love it! Its especially good with a pale pink/peachy lipgloss over the top!


Calvin Klein One Pure Color, Brainiac
£13.00, Debenhams


For the up and coming summer, which will come in England at some point, I wanted a bold orange lipstick. This was a challenge and one I had to contemplate over for a while but this next lipsticks is definitely up there in my top 5 and one of my most worn.

 Rimmel London Moisture Renew, In Love With Ginger
£6.49, Boots and Superdrug

The colour is pretty self explanatory and the camera has done it justice. It is a very bright orange but you could tone it down by using a small amount patted into the lips or applying a thin layer with a lip brush. For the photo I used it straight from the tube and applied one thin coat. The product is very buildable.




I have always been sceptical about make-up products produces by high street clothing shops. However, Topshop went above and beyond with their beauty products. Although their clothes quality is amazing, I wasn't sure that the make-up range would be. But they sure proved me wrong! Which leads to my next product..


Topshop Sheer Lip, Applause
£8.00

As stated by the name, this particular range from Topshop is very sheer and glossy and Applause is a lovely pink. I'm normally a red kind of girl but this has been an amazing alternative to change things up a bit. Its not too sticky or heavy on the lips as some glossy lipsticks which is great but the lasting power of the lipstick isn't as good as some others that I own.


Another Topshop product which I snapped up as soon as I saw it was this lip creme. Once again, its not a lipstick and therefore is a bit of a cheating again but once again, its the pigment and how long it lasts which puts it more in a lipstick category than a lipgloss category. I would also sat its a stain too.


 Topshop Lip Cream, Pout
£7.00

This formula is quite drying so applying a good lip balm before will optimise its wear, I use carmex - both in the tub and in the squeeze tube, they're both amazing.

 



















This next lipstick is my most recent purchase. On our way to Ibiza, we had a while to browse around duty free before our flight. I set my mind on buying a pink lipstick as I had only owned two pink lipsticks before as they're not normally my thing. 


L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Made for Me Lipstick, Pink Fever
I got this at Duty Free, Gatwich Airport for £6.49
Feel Unique, £8.16

This beautiful lipstick has the perfect balance of pigment, sheer/light cover and gloss. However, I'm not too keen on the smell, its over-perfumed for me but I think I can deal with that, its worth it.





















With the next lipstick, pictures do not do it justice, not mine anyway - if only my camera battery didn't die and downgrade for the last few, I may have been able to snap some better shots. However, I suggest you google this shade or try it in store, it's AMAZING! Once again, it's more than £10 so you may class it as a higher end lipstick but oh my, so worth it!


MAC, Girl About Town
£15.00, MAC, Debenhams
Amplified Formula

I'm so gutted that the pictures do it no justice! MAC are well known for their lipsticks and it's beauties like this that explain why. They're so flawless, pigmented, moisturising and they last HOURS. I wore this throughout the morning, had lunch and drinks and it was only after dinner at 7pm when it was fading - craziness.





















Oh Rimmel, how your lipsticks always end up denting my bank account I do not know. Well I do, they're amazing.. But I can never say no. Rimmel have so many formula's and ranges and not one are disappointing, there are so many shades to chose from. It was a hard call, I knew one had to be included, and this is my favourite. In the tube its a dark reddish-brown colour but the colour on the lips is indescribable. There's a slight shimmer in it but you can't feel it on your lips, it is also a buildable colour.


Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick, Drop of Sherry
£4.99 from Superdrug
I purchased this lipstick from tesco, so you can get it in the supermarkets also (unsure of the price)





















My favourite! Kate Moss outdone herself with her lipstick collection, I love them all so much. But as a red girl, I love both 111 and 107. I'm not one for matte lipsticks as my lips are quite dry and matte lipsticks only make them worse - I can rarely pull of matte MAC lipsticks and they're quite moisturising. But this lipstick is an exception, matte and moisturising - HEAVEN!

Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipstick, 111 Kiss of life
£5.49, Boots, Superdrug
(on sale for £3.99 at the moment!!)

Every girl needs her holy grail lipstick, including the perfect red, and this is mine! If you haven't discovered this range yet, I highly recommend it.





















Last but by no means least is another red and another show from Topshop. And no surprise, I'm cheating, this product is more of a glossy stain but there was no way I could leave it out! When you first apply this product it does feel a bit sticky but I reassure you, it dries and it remains shiny once it dries - and it does not budge or smudge.


Topshop Gloss Ink, Relentless
£8.00

I don't think this picture gives the gloss justice as I think my lips were rebelling to any more lip products as I got to my tenth favourite. The gloss is much more postbox red than this and definitely more even! 





















I'd love to hear what your favourite lipsticks/lip glosses/lip products are or what you would love to try or buy! Thank you for reading, Gemma xxxx

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar